All students at The Patch have access to and participate in one-hour specialist Art sessions each week in our dedicated Art Room located in the school's main building.
The Patch Primary School's Visual Arts Program endeavours to:
- Nurture each child’s sensitivity to the visual, spatial and tactile world
- Provide opportunities for students to express ideas, feelings and experiences in visual and tactile forms
- Provide students with enjoyable and purposeful experiences across all art disciplines
- Provide opportunities for students to work with different art media and to explore, experiment, imagine, design, and invent with a range of art materials
- Engage students in the art making process and develop the skills and techniques necessary for expression, inventiveness and individuality
- Provide a supportive environment that encourages a culture of risk-taking, initiative and experimentation
- Foster sensitivity towards and appreciation of the visual arts past and present
- Promote students' participation in Visual Arts activities in and outside the school environment today and in the future
Our senior students have been studying Wassily Kandinsky and created concentric circles inspired by his work. Kandinsky was fascinated by the way shape and colour could communicate emotion.
Our Grade 5 & 6 students worked on self portraits, using emotive, bold colours to personalise their work.
Kids Art Works Calendar & Greeting Cards
Every year we provide our students with the opportunity to professionally present one of their artworks in the form of a colourful yearly calendar. For the past few years we have also offered beautiful greeting cards! Information for 2016 to come later in the year.